2004 was definitely a year; Facebook was started, Janet Jackson had a wardrobe malfunction and Tom Brady won another super bowl ring, but most importantly our beauty of a van was brought into this world! The Econoline E350 Super Duty Ext. is typically used as a work van for anyone from carpenters, plumbers or contractors (sounds a little more lucrative than our use…). We were lucky enough to purchase this van from a couple who had already done a lot of the conversion work.
- 2004 E350 Super Duty Ext. Cargo Van 138″ WB.
- 6.0L PowerStroke Turbo Diesel (15-20mpg depending on cruising speed).
- 5-Speed Automatic.
- Open rear differential (1 wheel drive…).
- 2 Burner Propane stove.
- Propane tank mounted behind the bed on the drivers side.
- Sink and faucet powered by electric pump.
- Cut down queen size mattress consequently Brennan has to sleep diagonally…
- Under bed storage which holds 8 50 quart storage containers.
- Overhead storage on drivers side, holds most of our day to day things.
- LED lights overhead, above bed and above kitchen setup.
- Fan-Tastic vent located in the front of the living area.
- Rhino Rack awning on the passenger side above the side doors.
- 6 1/2 gallon solar shower on the drivers side. (pressurized via schrader valve and bike pump)
- Holds 4 mountain bikes and 2 road bikes (fork mounted).
- 4 fishing rods mounted on wall.
- 3 shelves 30″ deep in the front of the trailer.
We will be living out of this van and trailer for the next 6 months. We believe we have everything we need for that time period crammed into all the space we could find. Over time we are sure to get rid of things that are not as necessary to Vanlife. In the future we will post a lessons learned for packing, since right now there seems to be a lot of moving stuff before we can get to what we use a lot. If anyone wants more information or wants some more pictures let us know!!! We are happy to share!